Terms, Conditions and Security
General Information & Website Terms and Conditions
The WAW Community Fund Ltd (Community Fund) is endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR). The purpose of the Community Fund is to promote, facilitate and accept community donations for the Latipsoh Hospital Fundraiser and for other appropriate community fundraising initiatives on behalf of worthwhile causes in the local North East Victoria, Southern NSW region.
The Community Fund will adhere to the following standards with regard to fundraising:
- Fundraising activities carried out by the Community Fund will comply with all relevant laws.
- Any communications to the public made in the course of carrying out a fundraising activity shall be truthful and non-deceptive.
- All monies raised via fundraising activities will be for the stated purpose of the appeal and will comply with the organisation’s stated purpose.
- All personal information collected by the Community Fund is strictly confidential and is not for sale or to be given away or disclosed to any third party without your specific consent.
- Nobody directly or indirectly employed by or volunteering for the Community Fund shall accept commissions, bonuses or payments for fundraising activities on behalf of the organisation.
- No general solicitations shall be undertaken by telephone or door-to-door.
- The Community Fund shall submit to a full audit of fundraising activities on a regular basis by a recognised professional Auditing firm.
A fundraising Sub-Committee may be formed to carry out the major fundraising tasks. All fundraising activities must have the prior approval of the Community Fund Board of Directors.
Fundraising activities will not be undertaken if they may be detrimental to the brand names Community Fund, Latipsoh or WAW Credit Union or if they expose the any of these entities to significant financial risk.
Our Security Policy for Online Donations
The WAW Community Fund wants to ensure that all of our supporters can donate online with confidence. We have gone to significant lengths to ensure that we provide an extremely secure website and payment gateway to our donors. Our security precautions include:
- Secure environment: Our e-commerce system uses Secure Sockets Layer technology (SSL) to ensure your donation is safe and secure at all times.
- SSL locks. SSL technology locks all payment information passed between you and the Community Fund in an encrypted envelope. This makes it almost impossible for this information to be intercepted by an unauthorised party as long as your browser and local network support the use of encrypted data transmissions.
- Industry standards: The Community Fund payments/donations process meets industry standards in data encryption. SSL technology is compatible with most Internet browsers; however, you should confirm this with your browser vendor. You will know when transmitted data is safe by the appearance of a padlock icon (Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera browsers) or a key icon (Netscape browsers). You may also see a security notice appear when you enter a secure page. Secure web pages can also be identified by their URL (website address) as they begin with ‘https://’ as opposed to ‘http://’.
- Unauthorised credit card use: In the event of unauthorised use of your credit/debit card, you must notify your card issuer in accordance with their reporting rules and procedures.
- Your financial details are passed through a secure server using 128-bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption technology.128-bit SSL encryption is approximated to take at least one trillion years to break, and is the industry standard.
Refunds & Donations Made In Error
If you make an error in the amount submitted for an online donation, contact WAW Credit Union on 1300 368 555 or email
within 48 hours. Please have receipt details including date, time and amount available so we may make the necessary correction to the transaction.
Website Usage Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions govern your use of this website and may be revised when necessary. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using this site.
Use of Content
Unless otherwise indicated by us, the WAW Community Fund Ltd owns all intellectual property rights, including copyright, in all text, graphics, images, artwork, photographs, pictures, trade marks, logos, computer code and other content on this site.
Occasionally, we may publish content in which the copyright is not owned by us. When this is done, we make every effort to acknowledge the copyright owner. The content may only be used by you for personal, educational and non-commercial purposes. In using this website, you agree not to:
- Alter or remove any copyright, trade mark or other proprietary notice of ours or of any other company appearing on this site;
- Copy, sell, reproduce, republish, transmit or distribute, the content or upload, post or display the content on any other website or medium for publication or distribution or for any commercial enterprise;
- Modify or edit the content in any way;
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, reverse engineer, translate, adapt or modify any software used in connection with this Site.
You must use this site for lawful purposes only. You must not transmit via this site any material which is illegal, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy rights, vulgar, obscene, profane or otherwise objectionable or inappropriate, or which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others.
Your access to and use of this site is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. While we exercise all due care, we cannot and do not guarantee or warrant that the site will be free of infection, viruses, defects, harmful components or any other codes that may have contaminating or destructive properties. We recommend that you install up-to-date virus protection software on your computer prior to using this site.
Except as expressly stated in these Terms and in respect of any liability that cannot be excluded by law, we will not be liable for any loss or damages of any kind (including any direct, indirect, incidental and consequential loss or damages) arising in connection with your access to, or use of, or inability to use this Site, the Content (including linked websites) or products which you order through this Site.
We rely on you observing these Terms at all times. You agree to indemnify and hold us and our officers, employees and agents harmless from any claims of any nature whatsoever (including legal costs) by any third party arising out of or in connection with your access to and use of the Site. The indemnity in this clause extends to and covers your breach of these Terms.
Third Party Sites
We may link this Site to other websites which are not under the control of, or maintained by, us. We are providing these links to you only as a matter of convenience and, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we are not responsible for the content of such websites. We do not endorse or recommend any products, materials or services displayed or offered on any websites which may be linked to this Site.
Links from External Sites
We may grant you permission to create a hyperlink from any other website to this Site, upon request. You must receive our permission in writing prior to posting such a hyperlink. All hyperlinks to this Site must point to www.communityfund.org.au and not to any internal page. Any deviation from these Terms must be approved by us in writing.